Sunday 30 September 2012

Roller Coaster of Life

       It was raining cats and dogs outside. I was bundled in my blanket and I felt as snug as a bug in the rug. However, I knew that I had a long day ahead of me and I would be as busy as a bee at work. I checked the clock and realized that I had slept in. My time was cut short but it was better late than never. As quick as lightening, I got myself ready. No time for breakfast, I thought. I grabbed an apple and an umbrella and headed out the door. The apple was not filling but it was better than nothing. On the bright side, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. As I was on my way to work, I noticed a poster of an upcoming concert. I decided to pull out my phone to take a picture of it. Just my luck. I had lost my cell phone. At this point, I was so miserable that I never took my eyes off the ground. I ended up running into a handsome devil who looked like the man of my dreams. We apologized and made some small talk. "I lost my phone number. Could I borrow yours?" I joked. When life gives you lemons - make lemonade. Eventually, I received his number which turned my frown upside down. The bottom line is life will never have a dull moment if you can tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment